- Step 1. Harvest local scourge, kudzu, growing around their apartment complexes.
- Step 2. Using ancient artisan techniques, weave the vines into one-of-a-kind baskets, wreaths, and custom-ordered products.
- Step 3. Sell the products at the Morningside Farmers' Market and other markets, fairs, houses of worship, community events, and shops.
See photos here and here of kudzu basket weaving demos and sales at the Morningside Farmers' Market. For basket orders and inquiries, send an email. For background on Bhutanese refugees in Atlanta, visit Bhutan > Atlanta.
Related posts and news articles
- The Support Group: Our Story
- Bhutan refugee finds Shangri-La in Atlanta
- Teen rises up as go-to guide for refugees from Bhutan
- Atlanta’s Bhutanese refugees and their new neighbors
- Maimonides and the Ladder of Charitable Giving