January 19, 2013

Voting in Israel's 19th Knesset (Parliament) elections

This Tuesday, I'll be traveling (about an hour) from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem (my official residence) to cast my ballot for the political party that I want to gain the most seats in the 19th Knesset (Parliament) election.

To inform my decision, beyond reading daily commentaries online, I have attended panel discussions with representative members on the slates of four parties (from left to right and from secular to far-right ultra-nationalist and religious Zionist) — among some 34 parties in the competition! And I have attended a parlor meeting with the Number Two person on one party's slate. Daily, I speak with Israelis whose thinking is aligned with ethical principles including justice, democracy, and equal rights for all citizens and whose actions reflect those principles. And, along with countless others, I learn about the parties (and Israeli voters) from TV political satires.

Watch the video (3:37 minutes).

The [wannabe] Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

No comments: